6 Mart 2015 Cuma

1032 İLERİ İNGİLİZCE 2 (2-6 MART HAFTASI İÇİN WORKSHEET)

2015 SPRING 1032 ADVANCED ENGLISH 2  STUDENTS MATERIAL
WEEK 3  (MARCH 2-6)
CH. 8 READING 1 WHAT STOPS US FROM COMMITTING CRIMES?
While Reading Questions:
Internal Controls
1.Which of the following is a possible reason of deviant behaviour?
a)family pressure
b)weak social bonds
c)pressure of the employer
d)beliefs and fears
2.Which one of the following is NOT an internal control?
a)The feeling that stealing is wrong
b)The religious thinking that stealing is sinful
c)Public shaming
d)The fear of being arrested
3. What are internal controls? How are they formed?
They are the controls you impose on yourself based on your values, beliefs, and fears. You develop these as a result of socializing to your particular community.
4. Read the sections on internal controls and external controls and write the following under the correct heading.
 Policing                          cameras                 diapproval of family
Public shaming              fear of arrest                 social disapproval                                    imprisonment             death                      fear of detection   punishment                                 self image                      fines
              disapproval of friends                                        loss of a privilege
                           
INTERNAL CONTROLS
EXTERNAL CONTROLS












(ACADEMIC ENCOUNTERS PAGE 191,  AFTER YOU READ 2)
VERBS OF CONTROL
Rewrite the following sentences:
1.     Many elderly people are afraid of crimes; therefore they don’t want to leave their homes.
(stop)…A fear of ……………………………………..………………………
A fear of crime stops elderly people from leaving their homes.
2.     We hope that killers won’t commit violent crimes because they are afraid of capital punishment or lifelong imprisonment.
(discourage)… We hope that the thought of ………………………………………

3.     Some students don’t want to get an F. Therefore they work hard.
(Prevent) ...The thought of……………………………………………………………

4.     I’m afraid that I will get fat. As a result I don’t eat this delicious cake.
(discourage)……The fear of…………………………………………………………

5.     Shoplifters are afraid of security measures. Consequently, they don’t steal.
(deter)……The threat of………………………………………………………………

6.     I want to pay my bills. Therefore I don’t leave my job.
(stop) The idea of………………………………………………………………………

7.     I don’t want to lose my sweetheart. Therefore I don’t hurt her.
(prevent) A fear of ……………………………………………………………………..

8.     I don’t want to be unsuccessful in the university exams. Therefore I don’t study less.
(stop) The thought  of ……………………………………………………….
9.     I want my parents to trust me. As a result, I do nothing to lose their trust.

(prevent) The idea of……………………………………………………………

10.       I don’t want to miss any news. Therefore I don’t log off the internet.
(prevent) The fear of …………………………………………………………………….

REWRITES
Please try doing the following rewrites. Which areas are giving you particular difficulty?
Rewrite the following sentences using the words on the left.
1.The box was too heavy to lift.
(enough)    The box was not light enough for him to lift.
2. The dress is so long that she can't wear it.
(too)           The dress is too long for her to wear.
3. They made him wait for an hour.
(was)         
4. She could hardly do the exercises.
(difficult)   
5. The audience found the performance amusing.
(amused)   
6. The film was so interesting that I saw it twice.
(interested)
7. It was difficult for him to understand the instructions.
                   (hardly)              
8. Could you move a bit please?
                   (mind)       
9. She prefers working to staying at home.
(rather than)      
10.I haven’t seen Joanna for ages.
(since)It’s been a long time …………………. Joanna.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder