22 Nisan 2015 Çarşamba

YTÜ 2014- 2015 SPRING SEMESTER 1052 (ENGLISH 2) WORKSHEET 1- HOMEWORK!!!!!!!

                                                                 YTÜ
2014- 2015 SPRING SEMESTER
1052 (ENGLISH 2)
                                     Worksheet 1
A. Write the comparativeand superlative forms of the adjectives below.

Example: big à bigger than à the biggest
                 important à more important than à the most important
Adjective
Comparative
Superlative

Adjective
Comparative
Superlative
1
tall


17
long


2
cheap


18
intelligent


3
expensive


19
wide


4
good


20
thick


5
lazy


21
smart


6
pretty


22
far


7
beautiful


23
bad


8
difficult


24
fat


9
boring


25
interesting


10
shy


26
narrow


11
happy


27
safe


12
short


28
dangerous


13
famous


29
noisy


14
comfortable


30
handsome


15
ugly


31
delicious


16
warm


32
modern


B.  Choose five of the adjectives above and write sentences.
1. ______________________________________________________
2. ______________________________________________________
3. ______________________________________________________
4. ______________________________________________________
5. ______________________________________________________
C. Complete the following sentences with the comparativeform of the adjectives.
bad
important
crowded
good
high
easy
heavy
cheap
expensive
quiet
thin
difficult
healthy
dangerous
cold
1.    In Canada, January is _____________________ than March.
2.    I think that good health is _____________________ than money.
3.    I can’t carry my suitcase. It’s much _____________________ than yours.
4.    I can afford to buy a new bike but not a new car. A car is _____________________ than a bike.
5.    You look _____________________than the last time I saw you. Have you lost weight?
6.    I couldn’t get a seat in the restaurant. It was _____________________ than usual.
7.    Mountains are _____________________ than hills.
8.    He got a very good mark on his exam. The exam was _____________________ than he had expected.
9.    You should go to the doctor. Your cold is _____________________ than it was a few days ago.
10.                        There is a lot of crime in the big cities. They are ____________________ than the small town where I live.
11.                        I don’t understand this lesson. It is _____________________ than the last one we did.
12.                        I can’t study in this room. It’s too noisy. I’m going to find a _____________________ place.
13.                        Orange juice is _____________________ than Coke.
14.                        The store is having a great sale today. Most televisions are 25% _____________________ than they were   yesterday.
15.                        The doctor told me that I can go back to work if I feel _____________________ tomorrow.
D. Fill in the blanks with the comparative form of the adjectives in brackets.
1. Paul is _________________________ than his sister. (clever)
2. Laura is _________________________ than Lisa. (tall)
3. My friends are _________________________ than me. (hardworking)
4. I am _________________________ today than I was yesterday. (happy)
5. Amber is _________________________ at maths than me. (good)
6. Martin is much __________________________  than his father. (handsome)
7. This car is _________________________ than yours. (fast)
8. This dress is _________________________ than the one we saw yesterday. (expensive)
9. Mark lives _________________________ from the school than me. (far)
10. Thomas is much _________________________ than his wife. (old)
11. It is _________________________ today than it was yesterday. (hot)
E. Complete the following sentences with the correct superlativeform of the adjectives. Remember
     to use “the” before the superlative.
funny
high
delicious
easy
cold
long
lucky
smart
dirty
rich
valuable
bad
large
cheap
scary
1.      Yesterday was ______________ day of the year. I almost froze to death walking home from school!
2.      That was ___________________ movie I’ve ever seen. I almost walked out in the middle.
3.      Please give me your recipe. That is ___________________ cake I’ve ever eaten.
4.      Jerry is ___________________ student in our class. He gets the top grades in every course.
5.      Bob told ___________________ story last night. I couldn’t stop laughing.
6.      Whales are ___________________ animals in the world.
7.      The Nile is ___________________ river in the world.
8.      Marie is ___________________ person I know. She has won the lottery four times!
9.      Mount Everest is ___________________ mountain in the world.
10.  That is ___________________ painting in the art gallery. It’s worth a million dollars.
11.  Bill Gates is one of ___________________ men in the world.
12.  I finished the exercise in five minutes. It was ___________________ homework the teacher has given us.
13.  Arthur hates to clean. He has ___________________ apartment I’ve ever seen.
14.  My dinner only cost $6.00.That must be   ___________________ restaurant in town.
15.  I was afraid to turn off the lights last night. That was ___________________ show I have ever watched.
F. Fill in the blanks with the superlativeform of the adjectives in brackets.
1. The elephant is ________________________________ land animal in the world. (big)
2. Who is ________________________________ student in your class? (intelligent)
3. It was a sad story. It was ________________________________ story I have ever heard. (sad)
4. What is ________________________________  thing you have ever bought? (expensive)
5. My father is always busy. He is ________________________________ person I know. (busy)
6. The film was really bad. It was  ________________________________ film I have ever seen. (bad)
7. Your room is so untidy. It is ________________________________  room I have ever seen. (untidy)
8. A: What is the temperature today?
    B: 45 degrees Celcius. It is ________________________________  day of the year. (hot)
9. This book is ________________________________  of the three. (cheap)
G. Complete the sentences with the comparative or superlativeform of the adjectives in brackets.
1. Sue is much ________________________________  her sister. (FAT)
2. Our cat is ________________________________  in the neighborhood. (PRETTY)
3. Those jeans are ________________________________  in the shop. (EXPENSIVE)
4. Mark is not very good at tennis, but George is ________________________________  him. (BAD)
5. Alan is ________________________________ of all my friends. (SHORT)
6. This armchair is not very comfortable. Mine is much ________________________________  than this. (COMFORTABLE)
7. Now his suit is much ________________________________  it was before. (DIRTY)
H. Fill in the blanks with the comparative or superlative form of the words in brackets.
1. We stayed at the ________________________ hotel in the town. (cheap)
2. Our hotel was ________________________  than all the others in the town. (cheap)
3. The United States of America is large but Canada is ________________________ (large)
4. What's ________________________ canal in the world? (long)
5. He looked a bit sad yesterday but he looks ________________________  today. (happy)
6. It was a terrible journey. It was ________________________ journey of my life. (bad)
7. Ali, can you tell me what ________________________ sport in your country is? (popular)
8. Everest is ________________________ mountain in the world. (high)
9. We had a great holiday. It was one of ________________________ holidays we've ever had. (enjoyable)
10. I prefer this bed to the other one. It's ________________________. (comfortable)
11. What's ________________________ way of getting from here to the station? (quick)
12. Mr. and Mrs. Murphy have got three daughters. Jane is  ________________________ of all. (old)




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder